HAYWARD, Calif .– (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – RefleXion Medical, a therapeutic oncology company pioneering biologically-guided radiotherapy * (BgRT) as a novel treatment modality for all stages of cancer, today announced that several clinical abstracts evaluating the The potential use and utility of its new technology was accepted for presentation during the 2021 American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) annual meeting, October 24-27, in Chicago. The company will be showcasing the RefleXion â¢ X1 machine technology at its booth, # 1309.
“Among our multiple abstracts, oral presentations demonstrating the physical validation of biological guidance for delivering radiotherapy to an FDG-hungry target and exploring whether novel prostate surface membrane antigenic radiotracers hold promise for one day enabling BgRT in prostate cancer are especially gratifying, âsaid Shervin ‘Sean’ Shirvani, MD, MPH, chief medical officer at RefleXion. âIn addition, our early clinical users are presenting work detailing the commissioning of the very first commercial X1 machine, which delivered hundreds of conventional radiotherapy fractions, a critical step in bringing BgRT to the clinic. ”
The following presentations taking place during ASTRO 2021 assess RefleXion’s X1 technology:
Sunday October 24: Radiation and physics of cancer
- 13:55 1002 âFeasibility of using FDG in stereotaxic ablation for the administration of doses followed with BgRT: results of a prospective study on serial interaction PET / CT. Â»(Oral summary, room 178 a / b)
- 4:45 PM 2248 Post Q&A 02 – Session 02 – “Dosimetric comparison of single and multiple isocenter techniques for two lesion pulmonary SBRT using the RefleXion high speed annular portal system. “(Room W375)
Monday, October 25, 11:20 a.m .: Radiation and the physics of cancer
- 40 âPhysical validation of biologically-guided radiotherapy to deliver sustained dose delivery to a pet-hungry moving target. Â»(Oral summary, room 184 a / b / c / d)
Tuesday October 26:
- 1:30 pm 98 Radiation Physics and Cancer “Evaluation of sequential pulse radiotherapy guided by PSMA-PET biology at the dominant intraprostatic lesion in advanced low volume prostate cancer.” Â»(Oral summary, room W185 a / b / c / d)
3:30 p.m. Poster Q&A 08 – Session 08 – Lung cancer / Chest malignancies and palliative care. (Outside room 375)
- 2883 âThe disease burden on FDG-PET predicts outcomes for patients with advanced non-small cell cancer treated with first-line immunotherapy. “
- 2884 âCharacterization of the entire metastatic spectrum of non-small cell lung cancer in the age of immunotherapyâ.
Wednesday, October 27, 10:30 a.m .: Poster Q&A 09 – Session 09 – Physical treatment techniques and patient safety (outside room 375)
- 3067 âFirst commissioning report of a beam from a new medical linear accelerator designed for biologically guided radiotherapy. “
- 3069 “Physical confirmation of biologically guided radiotherapy directed at static targets with varying shapes and background contrast environments.” “
- 3074 âComparison of a top-notch PET system integrated in LINAC and a diagnostic PET / CT scanner. “
- 3075 âInitial Assessment of Biologically Guided Radiation Therapy (BgRT) Plans Generated Using PET Acquired During First Installation of the Reflexion X1 Systemâ.
- 3115 “The commissioning of the kVCT system of a new medical linear accelerator designed for biologically-guided radiation therapy.”
- 3138 “Use of Biologically Guided Radiation Therapy for Coronary Artery Avoidance During Free Breathing External Beam Delivery.” “
About RefleXion Medical
Reflection is a privately held therapeutic oncology company that is developing the world’s first biologically-guided radiation therapy (BgRT) machine, with the potential to go beyond single tumor therapy to one day treat multiple metastatic tumors throughout the body over the course of from the same treatment session. Currently, the RefleXion X1 machine is licensed to deliver stereotaxic body radiation therapy (SBRT), stereotaxic radiosurgery (SRS) and intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). The company is also developing BgRT, which integrates positron emission tomography (PET) data to enable tumors to continuously report their location. BgRT technology will synchronize this data with the linear accelerator to direct radiation therapy to tumors with less than a second latency.
*The RefleXion â¢ X1 is authorized for SBRT / SRS / IMRT treatments. BgRT is restricted by US law to experimental use.