ABOUT AN ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund provides 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms much more productive. Our team of over 8,000 people come from a variety of backgrounds and professions. With operations in six key countries in Africa, we make farmers more successful by providing quality farming supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50% more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, see our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced valuation professional to lead our research and partnerships work at One Acre Fund.
- Manage 2-4 long-term research studies that are of the highest strategic priority for our organization. These studies can be implemented internally by One Acre Fund and/or by an external organization.
- Explore existing One Acre Fund research to enable the CEO’s office and business development team to develop strategic plans to determine where to invest in program growth. This will complement the annual impact assessments carried out by the internal monitoring and evaluation team.
- Prepare concise reports and dashboards to consolidate what is known internally about our client farmers and program impact.
- Coordinate with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) teams as needed to collect and report on results of high donor interest.
- Develop our internal research program. Identify gaps in what we know about Impact and suggest solutions or studies to deepen our understanding.
- Create a plan to build the search profile of One Acre Fund. This may involve creating a strong dissemination strategy for our existing research or conducting activities that highlight ongoing research at the One Acre Fund.
- Main liaison related to measurement and evaluation for external research and evaluation partners.
- Represent One Acre Fund and our impact measurement work at meetings and presentations to donors and externally.
- Provide facts and data to the business development team that has been validated by primary data collection performed by our teams.
- Mentor national monitoring, evaluation and learning teams on performance and technical issues.
- Potentially manage 1-2 staff as the portfolio for this role grows.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in the development of our people. You’ll have weekly interviews with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your career aspirations and goals. You will have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
In all roles, these are the general qualifications we are looking for. For this particular role, you will have:
- 7-10+ years of academic or professional experience developing assessments/research and analyzing results.
- Successful track record in complex research and evaluation projects (e.g. high-level data analysis, experience in data collection, field team management).
- Knowledge of evaluation concepts and mastery of experimental and quasi-experimental evaluation designs.
- Master of communication with an eye for design and visual presentation.
- Experience in diplomatic engagement with multiple partners and building meaningful strategic relationships.
- Data analysis skills such as regressions, propensity score matching, difference in difference design
- Knowledge of statistical software (eg Stata, R, Advanced Excel (can handle complex spreadsheets)).
- A master’s degree in a related field is required. PhD is a plus.
- Humility and personal stability.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi, Kenya
Comprehensive health, housing and benefits insurance
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with extensive work experience and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
One Acre Fund never asks applicants to pay money or pay for testing at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably come from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report suspicious communications here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) and Anti-Racism are deeply connected to the mission and purpose of our organization. One Acre Fund aspires to create a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals and have extraordinary impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.