Bharti Airtel is the leading telecommunications operator in India and has a strong presence in all regions of the country. The telecommunications giant offers affordable data plans for Indian customers as well as stable 4G networks. The users prefer to take a new Airtel SIM connection because of the service of the network provider and the affordable plans. However, sometimes when you buy a new Airtel SIM card, it can be difficult to remember your new phone number. This still creates problems when you plan to top up your new cell phone number or give it to your friends.
Airtel offers a plethora of ways in which users can verify their mobile phone number. The company also provides various USSD codes through which users can easily verify their phone number. You can also verify your Airtel mobile number through the Airtel Thanks app. The app also allows users to check data balance, data, validity and much more through USSD codes. You can also email Airtel customer service at [email protected] to verify your phone number. The easiest way is to verify the Airtel SIM card, your mobile number will also be listed there.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to verify your number on Airtel.
How to check Airtel number by USSD code
Airtel offers a number of interesting USSD codes to know different details about your Airtel mobile number. USSD or Unstructured Supplementary Service Data are codes that allow users to get all the information about different services without calling customer service. To benefit from the service, you need to know the exact code to send to Airtel and get information about your mobile plan, phone number, etc.
To find your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below
1. Open your Phone application on your mobile phone and go to Dialer.
2. Dial * 282 #.
3. You will receive a pop-up message on your phone screen indicating your Airtel mobile number.
You can also send * 121 * 9 # to search for your Airtel mobile number.
Once you send the USSD code, you will receive a message saying “Hello, your mobile phone number. is: xxxxxxxxxx “.
Here are some useful universal USSD codes
Android IMEI number => * # 06 #
Reset factory date => * # * # 8255 # * # *
Current SmartPhone firmware => * # * # 7780 # * # *
Main menu of services => * # * # 197328640 # * # *
GPS system test => * # * # 1472365 # * # *
Service for Google Talk => * # * # 1472365 # * # *
General Info & Battery Info => * # * # 4636 # * # *
Power button change => * # * # 7594 # * # *
Test mode => * # 0 * #
Signal state service mode => * # 0011 #
How to verify your Airtel phone number by calling Airtel customer service
1. To verify your Airtel phone number, customers can also call 121 or 198 to speak to Airtel customer support team.
2. Press 1 for Airtel Mobile services.
3. Then follow the instructions given by the IRV, which will allow you to check your mobile number, your data balance, validity, etc.
How to verify Airtel Mobile number through Airtel Thanks app
Visit the My Airtel app to find your mobile number. Follow the steps mentioned below to verify your Airtel phone number using the Airtel Thanks app.
First, you will need to download the Airtel Thanks app from the Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store. The application is free.
1. Once the app is installed, open the Airtel Thanks app and sign in.
2. It will automatically detect your Airtel mobile number at the top of the screen.
Airtel Thanks app displays all the important information related to your mobile number including data balance, validity, data usage, etc. You can also charge your phone, pay bills, change your data plan, and more. all through the app.
How to verify your mobile number in Apple iPhone
Apple iPhone users have another way to verify their mobile phone numbers. Follow the steps below to verify your number:
1. Go to the Apple application drawer on your phone and open “Settings”
2. In the settings, you will be able to see the options General, About and open “Phone”.
3. In the Phone section, you can see “My number” with your cell phone number (make sure you have activated MY number)
How to check if your Airtel mobile number is active or not?
To check whether your Airtel mobile number is active or not, you can either call your Airtel number from another phone or just call Airtel customer service number 121 and check if your Airtel number is active or not.