Profile of the establishment:
Alliance University is a private university established in the state of Karnataka by Act No. 34 in the year 2010. The university is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
Alliance University with its vibrant and scenic campus in Bangalore, India, offers multidisciplinary undergraduate and postgraduate majors to students from diverse backgrounds. Alliance Education, defined by excellence through an agile and market-driven approach in faculties of management and business studies; Scientific technology; The humanities, liberal arts, and social sciences are guided by the University’s core values.
As a leading university, Alliance University offers programs in business law, engineering law, and plans to launch new programs in languages, liberal arts, economics, science, and applied mathematics.
For more details, visit: www.alliance.edu.in
Alliance University invites applications for its School of Business from highly qualified professionals for the position of Associate Professor in Human Resources. The candidate should have a solid academic background and at least eight years of teaching and research experience in a reputable institution.
Job title: Associate Professor – Human Resources
Roles and responsibilities:
- Contribute to help students obtain career opportunities in the fields of human resources.
- Supervise, advise and mentor student teachers in the areas of human resource related subjects.
- To facilitate students’ understanding of recruitment and staffing, compensation and benefits, training and development, labor and employee relations, and corporate leadership.
- research publication; attend conferences; and give presentations to build a strong research network.
- Undertake research, either individually or with colleagues, of a standard and quality that will result in regular publication in top international journals.
- Help challenge the way students think, learn, and develop their understanding of academic disciplines.
- Develop core curriculum and effectively deliver course materials.
- Update your knowledge and keep an eye on the latest trends and events to share updated information with students.
- Write proposals for research funding.
- Organize seminars and events to interact with established industry professionals.
- Review teaching methods and materials to make recommendations for improvement.
To note: The roles and responsibilities described above are not an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the incumbent must perform any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably required.
- PhD in human resources or related fields.
- Demonstrated interest and skill in course setting and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A strong desire to publish in prestigious journals with the possibility of obtaining external funding for research initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an effective understanding of teaching tools and processes.
- The ability to work in a team.
Expertise in teaching subjects such as psychometrics, HRM research methodology, 21st century leadership, organizational cognition and development, HR analytics, contemporary trends in HRM, talent management, Sustainability and HRM, Power, Politics and Influence, Total Rewards Management, Industry Relations and Labor Law and International Human Resource Management.
- PhD in Human Resources or related fields from a top-notch institution with a strong research and academic background.
- Minimum 8 years of teaching and research experience in renowned institutions as a full-time professor.
- Minimum 7 research publications in highly reputable journals.
- A good academic record, with a doctorate. degree in relevant/related/relevant disciplines.
- A master’s degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent mark on a point scale, regardless of the grading system followed).
Vacancy: Several vacancies at the School of Business. Priority would be given to candidates available to join immediately.
Role: Teaching & Research
Compensation and Benefits: Alliance University offers competitive salaries based on the candidate’s qualification and experience. The University supports research through grants and publication incentives. Additionally, the University provides subsidized on-campus housing, food, transportation, insurance, and other benefits.
Industry: Education / Training
Functional area: Teaching, training and research
Type of employment: Full time
Creative teaching, presentation, communication, innovative research, people engagement and networking skills.
Key words: Human Resources, Human Resources Management, HR Professor, HRM, Industrial Relations, Social Relations, PG, UG, Teaching, Faculty, Teaching and Research, Management.
Apply for the vacancy by sending your updated CV and cover letter (highlighting your achievements, career goals and ways you can contribute to Alliance University) to [email protected] Cite AU/REC2022/THEUNIJOBS/ASP-HR as a reference in the subject line of your email.