- Blue ticks will appear after 14 days after a user receives the second dose, and the CoWIN digital platform will be used to verify vaccination status before assigning them the coveted shield and ticks.
Through hindustantimes.com | Written by Susmita Pakrasi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
POSTED ON JUNE 01, 2021 at 8:42 p.m. IST
Indian Covid-19 contact tracing app Aarogya Setu has rolled out a new feature to display the vaccination status of users registered on the platform. The app will display a blue shield and blue ticks for fully vaccinated users (inoculated with both doses), and other colors for partially vaccinated people.
Blue ticks will appear after 14 days after a user receives the second dose, and the CoWIN digital platform will be used to verify vaccination status before assigning them the coveted shield and ticks. Those who received a single dose will receive a single blue border with the immunization status on their home screen with a single check mark on the Aarogya Setu logo.
All Aarogya Setu users will have the option to “Update Immunization Status” if they have not passed the revised self-assessment. By taking the self-report on Aarogya Setu, users who have taken at least one dose of Covid-19 vaccine will receive the “partially vaccinated / vaccinated (unverified)” tab on the Aarogya Setu home screen . This is based on the declaration of immunization status given by the user during the self-assessment. The unverified status is verified after an OTP-based verification from the CoWIN backend.
How to update immunization status?
- Vaccination status can be updated through the cell phone number used for CoWIN registration. This would facilitate verification of a user’s immunization status for travel purposes and access to various premises.
- According to the self-report, if a user has taken the first dose, a single blue border will appear and the status will be “Partially vaccinated (not verified)”. In this case, the Aarogya Setu icon will be gray in color.
- According to the self-report, if a user has also taken the second dose, a double blue border will appear and the status will be “Vaccinated (not verified)”. Also in this case, the Aarogya Setu icon will be shaded gray.
- If a user has taken the first dose, after verification, the text “(Not verified)” will be deleted with the gray shade of the icon.
- After 14 days of the second dose of the vaccine, a full blue screen will appear and the status will be like “You are vaccinated”.
- Users will then be able to click on “View details” and download the final certificate. There will also be an option to click “Confirm”, after which the user’s profile will be updated in Aarogya Setu and the vaccination details will be saved. The status will be changed to “Partially vaccinated / vaccinated.
How to update the immunization status of people registered on CoWIN with another mobile phone number
- The CoWIN platform allows a registered user to register up to four people for vaccination. This is used by people to register their family, friends and those who do not have a cell phone or are not able to register or book slots on CoWIN on their own.
- The immunization status of these users on Aarogya Setu will be updated by checking the immunization status through the mobile phone number registered on CoWIN.
- These people will be asked to enter the cell phone number registered on CoWIN when they try to check their immunization status. Upon entry, an OTP will be sent to the CoWIN registered mobile number. This OTP must be completed by the person verifying his vaccination status and then he can select his profile among the people linked to the registered CoWIN number. Upon selecting the correct profile, the vaccination status will be confirmed from the CoWIN backend and the same will be updated on the Aarogya Setu app.