Big Aadhaar Map Update: Here is good news for people looking for Aadhaar, as the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has simplified the Proof of Address process. To proactively assist those looking for Aadhaar cards without proof of address, UIDAI has decided to offer “residency-centric” and ease of access. From now on, people have to face difficult times as they have to provide proof of residence to get the digital Aadhaar in the first place or even to update it. But now, in an effort to provide hassle-free service, UIDAI has made an important decision to remove the option to provide proof of address.Also Read – Bind PAN-Aadhaar Card Before July 1 or Pay Double Penalty | Check out the step by step guide here
So what has changed now?
Business Standard reported that the UIDAI will provide applicants with the option to update their address. But instead of asking them to provide proof of address, UIDAI will verify the residence itself. Additionally, officials may also visit the applicant’s residence, if necessary. Readers should note that the aforementioned rule also applies to new applicants. Also Read – Aadhaar Card Update: Govt Issues Clarification on UIDAI Notice, Says It Comes Equipped with Security Features
Here is a step by step guide to update Aadhaar address online
- You need to visit UIDAI website https://uidai.gov.in/ and click on “Address Validation Letter” under “My Aadhaar” menu.
- After that, you will get the Address Validation Letter Request page where you can enter your 12-digit base number or the 16-digit Virtual ID.
- Click after completing the ‘Send OTP’ Captcha.
- Then “Login” after entering it you will get OTP on the registered mobile – Now you fill in address checker details which should have Aadhaar number
- After that, the address verifier will receive an SMS, which will contain a link, and therefore it must be approved.
- Shortly after, a second SMS will be received with OTP, fill it and insert the captcha and verify.
- Once verified, you will receive the Service Request Number (SRN) via SMS.
- Login via ‘SRN’ and preview the address, edit and submit, cancel your ‘Update Request Number’ (URN).
Also read – “Do not share a photocopy of your Aadhaar with organizations because…”, UIDAI Issues Advisory | Details inside